Why an Internship at DARE?
The objective of the internship is to give a student a first-hand experience of the day-to-day working environment in a rocket developing lab and do research on topics related to DARE’s current needs. Interns will be given a chance to work with senior DARE people and related staff members if needed.
As part of a bigger team, Interns will not only grow individually but also in knowledge and in skills. Initially you will take on the amount of responsibility you can shoulder; the potential for growth, however, is yours to develop with the minimum requirement initially set as per decided by you and the COE.
- You must be affiliated to an educational institution.
- Must be fluent in spoken and written English.
- Passionate about rocketry and eager to learn more at all times.
- We have a membership fee of 35 euros/year, billed biannually.
- Assignment: You must have a written confirmation from a team leader and Commission of Education on what the minimum requirements are for completing a successful internship.
- Mentor: One DARE senior member/team leader should have agreed to be your mentor for the length of the internship.
To apply, you will need to follow the following steps:
- Fill the Internship Application form.
- If accepted, we will contact you back with further steps to be followed.
- Duration: The internship program lasts for at least two months and can be as long as six months.
- Cost: DARE interns are not paid. All costs related to travel, insurance, accommodation, and living expenses must be borne by either the interns or their sponsoring institutions.
- Visa: You will be responsible for obtaining and financing the necessary visas.
- Travel: You will arrange and finance your travel to the Delft University of Technology location where you will be an intern.
- Medical insurance: You will be responsible for costs arising from accidents and/or illness incurred during the internship and must show proof of a valid major global medical insurance coverage.
- Confidentiality: You must be discreet and keep confidential any and all unpublished information obtained during the course of the internship and may not publish any documents based on such information. Also, you must receive a positive response from the Ministry of Education, Culture and Science (OCW) for “Working protocol for processing applications for permission to study certain academic subjects”
- Academic Credit: You may get academic credit from your institution of higher education for the internship. Check with your university to confirm their academic credit policy for internships.
If you have any questions, please send an email to the DARE Commission of Education.